Review Board 2.5 RC 1 Release Notes¶
Release date: August 17, 2015
This release contains all bug fixes and features found in Review Board version 2.0.18.
To install this release, run the following:
$ sudo easy_install \ -f http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/ReviewBoard/2.5/ \ -U ReviewBoard
The final 2.5 release will be very close to 2.5 RC 1, so if you’re looking to upgrade your production instance to 2.5, you should absolutely try 2.5 RC 1 in a test environment.
We do not recommend upgrading a production server with this version of Review Board just yet. It’s best to install on a test server, with a copy of your production database, in case there are any major problems.
New User Features¶
Added new headers for filtering review request e-mails.
E-mails for reviews containing a Ship It! will include a
X-ReviewBoard-ShipItheader. If the review doesn’t contain any other content (for instance, if it’s the result of the pressing the Ship It! button), it will also contain a
The Markdown editor now provides syntax highlighting support for:
- Shell scripts
This can be used by specifying the language when using fenced code blocks. For example:
```python class Foo(object): pass ```
The login, register, and password reset pages are now built for mobile UIs.
The password reset pages also got a makeover for desktop.
The user page and dashboard now have a drop-down filter menu for choosing which review requsts are visible on mobile devices.
Added new extension hooks for manipulating the recipient list for review and review request e-mails.
The new EmailHook allows an extension to designate new lists of recipients for all the review/review request e-mails that Review Board sends. They can update both the To and CC lists for any e-mail.
These take lists of signals the hook should listen to for the various events (such as
review_request_published). As a convenience, callers can make use of one of the subclasses for specific events:
API resources provided by extensions can now add specialized serialization of links.
WebAPIResourcecan implement a
serialize_<linkname>_link()function to provide the desired information for the link. This is useful for links that need to contain additional metadata about the link that would be helpful to the consumer.
- Fixed the display of Gravatars in the dashboard.
- Fixed displaying trophies on the diff viewer page.
- The checkbox for choosing whether to send e-mails on review request updates is no longer missing on the diff viewer.
- Fixed regressions in rendering file attachment captions.
- Fixed unwanted gaps above the tabs in the Markdown file attachment review page.
- Opening and closing editors no longer results in review request or review drafts.
- Fixed the review reply draft banner sticking around in memory and listening for events after publishing a reply.
- Fixed the review request update bubble appearing below other elements on the page.
- Fixed the display of Gravatars in reviews and replies.
Fixed Unicode errors when parsing SVN diffs containing accented characters in the revision strings.
Patch by Maxime Besson.
- Barret Rennie
- Christian Hammond
- David Trowbridge
- Maxime Besson