Review Board 1.5 RC 2 Release Notes¶
Release date: September 19, 2010
Added Python 2.7 compatibility.
Added compatibility with PyLucene 3.x. Support for 2.x still remains. (Bug #1449)
Added support for review requests without diffs, for image/screenshot review.
As more companies use Review Board, we’ve seen an increasing demand in using it just for image review. We’ve removed the restriction that a review request must have an associated diff. Users can choose to upload a diff label, or just keep it diff-free.
Furthermore, users can now set their repository to (None - Graphics Only) when creating a review request, which makes it clear that the review request will be used for image review. In this mode, the review request can never have a diff uploaded.
- Added support for the
?counts-only=1query parameter for draft screenshot lists.
- Renamed the draft screenshot
resource key from
- Added support for HTTP DELETE on screenshot draft resources.
- Added the screenshot image URL in the screenshot resources.
- Renamed the
?interdiff_revision=query parameter to
?interdiff-revision=on diff comment resources.
- Removed support for HTTP PUT on review group resources. Issuing this command would just return an error.
- Removed the unused
whitespace_onlydata from the opcodes results in the per-file diff resource.
- Added support for updating diff comments and screenshot comments on replies to reviews. This allows HTTP PUT to be used on these resources.
- Fixed links to diff and screenshot comment resources when linked to from other resources.
- The user resource resource no longer fails with usernames containing a period.
- Added support for HTTP Accept mimetypes on all resources.
- Fixed problems using
?api_format=on HTTP GET, PUT and POST resources.
- Several usability problems with screenshot drag-and-drop have been fixed. In particular, we now guarantee that the drop area will be on-screen, which was a problem before on new review requests.
- Fixed an Internal Server Error when using an SSH-based URL for a repository without using a username or password.
- Fixed a CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery) configuration problem for password recovery. The CSRF verification token wasn’t being set on the recovery form, preventing password recovery from working. (Bug #1723)
- Repositories weren’t being set as visible by default, forcing administrators to specifically make it visible.
- Some errors, such as File Not Found, was failing to show up on the New Review Request page.
- Remote Git repositories using the raw URL method would fail when presented with a diff containing a short SHA1. We now verify during diff upload that only full SHA1s are used. (Bug #1517)
- When failing to find an account in Active Directory, we were failing to fall back to built-in authentication, essentially locking out the locally created administration user. (Bug #1536)
- Accessing a review request with a newly auto-created account (using LDAP, Active Directory, or NIS) would cause an Internal Server Error due to the user’s profile not having been created yet. (Bug #1718)
- Gecos fields on NIS backends no longer causes authentication failures. (Bug #1793)