This week has been full of great releases, but we're not done yet. Today, we're excited to announce Review Board 2.0 beta 2!
This long-awaited beta is almost a major release by itself. Let's check out the highlights:
- New look-and-feel for review requests, review UIs, and the login/registration pages.
- Ability to review any text files, just like diffs, complete with syntax highlighting and multi-line commenting.
- Bulk closing for review requests on the dashboard.
- Enhanced Markdown file review.
- Rewrote search support, making it very easy to install. No more PyLucene!
- Security checklist to help catch some common security vulnerabilities.
- A new rb-site management command for compressing your database up to 50%.
- Whole lot of new extension features and API additions.
- Performance improvements.
- Several bug fixes.
That's just the summary. The release notes cover all the exciting changes in this release. We think you're going to like it.
We have one very important note for upgrading. We always say this, but back up your database! This release uses a whole new mechanism for automated database migrations, and it's possible there are still bugs to work out. If you do have a problem, please contact us and let us know.