We've been working toward a set of enhancements to Review Board for larger installations that we're currently calling Review Board Enterprise. The functionality we're targeting initially includes:
- Support for repositories on GitHub Enterprise.
- Ability to scale across multiple servers, to handle larger numbers of consecutive users.
- Faster diff viewer rendering. Diffs will begin generating immediately upon upload, outside the Apache process, and this can be scaled out as well.
- Pre-built Review Board VMs for quick installation and scale-out.
Depending on interest, future versions may include:
- Enhanced diff features. Due to the new way we can process diffs, we can start enhancing what the users see, speeding up their review process, and thus saving companies time and money.
- Multiple SSH keys. Associate different SSH keys to different repositories.
- Single sign-on. Integrate with existing SAML-based services.
These are changes we've been using on our hosting service, RBCommons, and are working to make available to a larger audience.
We're collecting sign-ups from anyone interested in giving this a try. We'll send out an announcement with a beta download once it's ready.
If you're interested, you can sign up here.
This will be a for-pay addition to Review Board, and will help directly fund the continued development of Review Board itself.