Review Board 1.7.15 Release Notes¶
Release date: October 10, 2013
This release contains security updates to better lock down access to private information on Review Board, when making use of the Local Sites, invite-only groups, or private repository features.
These issues were discovered internally, and we are not aware of any cases of them being used in the wild. They do not affect servers not using the above features. However, we still recommend upgrading immediately.
- Some API resources returned information on private review requests the caller did not have access to (by way of an invite-only group, private repository, or Local Site), if the appropriate database IDs were known or discovered. (CVE-2013-4410)
- Summaries for private review requests were displayed on the All Review Requests page, on the review request list on a user’s page, and through a specially crafted dashboard URL. (CVE-2013-4411)
- Extensions making use of JSONField are now more protected from possible remote code exploits, if they’re not already being careful of input. (CVE-2013-4409)
For extension authors, see the Extensibility Changes below for how this release will affect you.
Added support for authenticating against Active Directory subdomains.
Active Directory authentication can now authenticate against the proper subdomain as extracted by the supplied username. For example, given a configured domain name example.com and a username of subdomain\bob, the authentication will take place against bob at subdomain.example.com.
Patch by German Galkin.
Extensions that introduce API resources will now need to include a has_access_permissions method in each resource that returns whether it’s accessible by the current user.
This will be used for GET requests on a list resource automatically. Other handlers should make use of this to determine if access is granted for a given resource.
In prior versions, this defaulted to returning True, but now it’s opt-in.
- The Watched Review Requests REST API now works with Local Sites. Previously, it didn’t look up or store review requests correctly unless they were global.
- The Hosting Service Account REST API no longer errors out when accessing it. It was failing to serialize the resource contents.
- The username and password fields in the E-Mail Settings page are no longer auto-completed/filled by the browser. Patch by Edward Lee. (Bug #2380)
- Christian Hammond
- David Trowbridge
- Edward Lee
- Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
- German Galkin