Until now, we've been running two separate beta programs for PDF Review and "Review Board Enterprise". We've decided to merge these together into a single product that we're calling the "Review Board Power Pack."
The major features of the combined package are:
- Review PDF documents that are attached to review requests, commenting directly on the text, all in the browser with no extra plug-ins.
- GitHub Enterprise support.
- The ability to add capacity to your Review Board server by adding additional front-end servers.
Changes in the new preview
In addition to merging together the features of our two previous beta packages, there are some improvements and bug fixes for PDF Review in this release:
- The outline mode in the sidebar now shows the tree structure of the table of contents.
- When a document has a table of contents, the sidebar now allows switching between either the outline mode or the pages mode.
- Scrolling behavior when using the mouse wheel or touch-pad gestures has improved significantly, making it easier to get all the way to the bottom of the document.
- Non-PDF documents like .docx are no longer detected as PDF.
- When attaching a PDF file with drag-and-drop, you can now click on the thumbnail to jump to the review UI to preview the document.
- Several issues with PDF rendering have been fixed.
- A fair amount of visual design polish.
Getting the Power Pack
If you already signed up for the beta, you should have an email explaining how to install it (or upgrade from the first beta). If you haven’t signed up, but would like to participate, please fill out our sign-up form and we’ll be in touch.
Once we have a final release, these features will be available on RBCommons.com for our larger tiers.