HTTP Digest authentication backend.
Authenticate against a user in a digest password file.
This is controlled by the following Django settings:
The local file path on the server containing an HTTP password (
auth_digest_file_locationin the site configuration.
The HTTP realm users will be authenticated into.
auth_digest_realmin the site configuration.
name= _(u'HTTP Digest Authentication')¶
login_instructions= _(u'Use your standard username and password.')¶
authenticate(username, password, **kwargs)¶
Authenticate a user against the HTTP password file.
- username (unicode) – The username to authenticate.
- password (unicode) – The user’s password.
- **kwargs (dict, unused) – Additional keyword arguments passed by the caller.
The authenticated user. If authentication fails for any reason, this will return
Return an existing user or create one if it doesn’t exist.
This does not authenticate the user.
If the user does not exist in the database, but does in the HTTP password file, its information will be stored in the database for later lookup.
- username (unicode) – The name of the user to look up or create.
- request (django.http.HttpRequest, unused) – The HTTP request from the client. This is unused.
The resulting user, or
Noneif one could not be found.