Basic utility functions for authentication.
This contains some validation functions that may be useful for forms.
Validate that the test cookie was properly set in a prior request.
If the test cookie was not set, the given form’s
submitfield will be set with an error saying that cookies must be enabled.
- form (Form) – The form using the validator.
- request (HttpRequest) – The HTTP request containing the test cookie.
validate_old_password(form, user, field_name=u'password')¶
Validate that the password given on a form was valid.
This is intended for Password Change forms, and will check that the specified password in the form matches the user’s current password.
- form (Form) – The form using the validator and containing the field.
- user (User) – The user whose password is being changed.
- field_name (unicode) – The name of the password field.