New in version 2.0.
doc8 verifies the following styles in
- Invalid rst format - D000
- Lines should not be longer than 79 characters - D001
- RST exception: line with no whitespace except in the beginning
- RST exception: lines with http or https urls
- RST exception: literal blocks
- RST exception: rst target directives
- No trailing whitespace - D002
- No tabulation for indentation - D003
- No carriage returns (use unix newlines) - D004
- No newline at end of file - D005
doc8 can be installed on most systems by running:
$ pip install doc8
It may also be available in your system’s package manager.