The bundled views help with common authentication-related tasks not otherwise provided by Django. At the moment, there is only support here for registration.
register(request, *args, **kwargs)¶
Handle registration of a new user.
This works along with
djblets.auth.forms.RegistrationFormto register a new user. It will display a registration form, validate the user’s new information, and then log them in.
The registration form, next page, and context can all be customized by the caller.
- request (HttpRequest) – The HTTP request from the client.
- next_page (unicode) – The URL to navigate to once registration is successful.
- form_class (Form subclass) – The form that will handle registration, field validation, and creation of the user.
- extra_context (dict) – Extra context variables to pass to the template when rendering.
- initial_values (dict) – Initial values to set on the form when it is rendered.
- template_name (unicode) – The name of the template containing the registration form.
The page’s rendered response or redirect.