Jump to >
Review Board 1.5.6 released

Review Board 1.5.6 is out the door, packed with some good fixes and a couple small feature additions. Many of these are fixes backported from the in-development 1.6 releases.

Of note are fixes for caching large diffs/files, fixes for screenshot captions on drafts, performance improvements in syntax highlighting (if you haven't installed recently or upgraded Pygments), and support for Fedora Hosted as a hosting service.

See the release notes for the complete list.

RBTools 0.3.3 released

RBTools 0.3.3 is out the door, and it's a biggie. There's fixes and goodies for pretty much everybody.

Git received a lot of fixes in this release, as did post-review itself. One of the biggest set of changes, though, that I'd like to call to attention is Jan Koprowski's wonderful work in rewriting our Clear Case support. He put in a lot of effort and fixed a number of problems with the old implementation. Thanks Jan!

We're hard at work on some large-scale changes to RBTools. The 0.4.0 release is in progress, and it'll form the foundation of the 1.0 release. Soon we'll have a new set of tools that can be used to interact with Review Board, and a Python API that developers can use to talk to Review Board. Exciting stuff! Stay tuned.

For now, see the release notes for the full list of changes.

Where is Review Board 1.6?

Those paying close attention may have noticed we haven't released Review Board 1.6 yet. And you may have wondered what's holding the release up. Well, there are two main things.

First, some of our users have hit problems upgrading to Review Board 1.6 RC2 from previous 1.6 betas. This seems to be limited to some subset of our users, and it's not clear whether it's a bug on our end or not, but I want to understand the circumstances surrounding this problem before we perform the actual release.

Second, the 1.6 manual isn't finished yet. We try to fully update the manual before the release, but this does inevitably delay things. We're working on getting someone who can in the future help out on documentation updates, in order to speed up the releases.

Once we're satisfied with the above items, we'll do a release. In the meantime, if you're looking to start using 1.6 sooner, you certainly can! The RC 2 release is largely what we're shipping in 1.6, excluding a couple of small fixes. However, please do a test upgrade on a copy of the database to ensure you don't run into the problem above. And if you do run into it, let us know! More data will help us to solve this faster.